You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Article | 16 November 2018 | Investments
• Leave your whole pot intact until you decide what’s best for you
• Secure a guaranteed income with an annuity
• Look to take an income from your investments
• Transfer out cash in amounts to suit requirements
• Access your whole pension savings in one go with 25% tax free
• Or some or all of the above
These choices can seem a little overwhelming. The good news is that despite the confusion there is a real opportunity to take control of what your retirement could look like. One shape doesn’t fit all and the freedoms have given retirees a lot more flexibility.
It’s important to understand your options. As we discuss in this guide: your individual retirement strategy will depend on your personal circumstances.
We hope this guide, produced for us by publishing group Incisive Media, will help you with some of these burning issues.
The information included here is not advice - always seek professional advice if you’re not sure which investments are right for you. Tax rules can change and their benefits depend on your individual circumstances. The value of investments and any income from them can go down as well as up and is not guaranteed, and you could get back less than you originally invested.